I know no one likes the feeling of being critisized.
No one likes the feeling of being put down because they did something wrong.
I'm not an exception.
I hate people critisizing me.
But I think its necessary anyway.
Today, we had a band exchange with Nanyang, RI, Marsiling and SJI. It was held at SJI, and I didn't see why we had to take a bus all the way there since its like, practically next door. So we sat in the audi and listened to Nanyang play first. I SAW JUDY I SAW JUDY! Haha. Haven't seen her in eons. Anyway, they were pretty good, compared to us >.< RI was like whoaaaa. And the rest.. we didnt really get to listen. So then we were all SO HAPPY to see Mr Yap because we were so worried that he couldn't come. So we greeted him really loudly. (: We went on stage not knowing how we would do, with no sense of confidence at all. I went up just praying we wouldn't screw up, as a band, as a section, and as an individual. Mr Yap warmed us up on stage, but got really frustrated because we really weren't performing up to standard. That got us really depressed. But hey, no fear. Just get this over and done with, and we can proceed to practising for what we're aiming for, that GOLD.
HOWEVER...
During the performance, intonation was so off. I don't know why, I SWEAR I TUNED! Well I wasn't the only one. =/ Bad excuse, I know. Our whole band screwed up, in the end. And we all went off stage depressed. Debrief from all the teachers, and nothing good was said. Practice might be extended to Saturdays, too. In a way, I think its good. One month to SYF, and we still sound like um. NOT what a gold band should sound like.
So today should be a learning point for us all.
K whatever. I cant think of anything else, got distracted cos ppl talking to me in MSN. Another time.
March 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment