So we left early in the morning for Johor! Made a stopover at Tebrau City for a bit of shopping, bought tidbits from the shops there, and stuff from Jusco. Ate lunch at Nando's, which was a restaurant kinda like kenny rogers, serving chicken. Really good chicken :) haha. K anyway, off to the hotel, The Pulai Desaru Beach. Got a nice room with a seaview! xD But but... as I was sitting on the sofa talking to my dad about something, I happened to notice something on the ceiling. It happened to be... A HUGE GRASSHOPPER (or something of the like)!! Because everyone was so scared, my dad had to chase it out =x Just as we thought it was the end of the tyranny of insects, I look down and see something running into the shadows. What else, but an evil COCKROACH! Dad had to go and get rid of it again. Zomg, scary room. I ended up sleeping on the couch cuz there wasn't enough space that night, and I got many mosquito and bedbug bites. They itch till now :( :( Well after chasing the insects we went out for dinner at the hotel restaurant, nothing amazing. It was also my mum's birthday, so... HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM! x)
Day 2!
First stop: The hotel pool! It was kinda small, but me and my sis had a good time. Didn't really do much there, so nothing to say. In the afternoon, we headed off to the ostrich farm!
I'm still surprised those ostrich eggs can take my weight. They must be extremely hard. o_O
Baby ostriches (few weeks old) and full grown ones. They grow up WAY fast man. 2 weeks and they are already huge! While I was there, I got the chance to try ostrich satay, and hey. WAY BETTER THAN CHICKEN, BEEF OR MUTTON. But expensive lahh. Anyway, ostriches too cute to eat. I got to feed a fullgrown one. Didn't hurt me one bit x)) I also felt faint there, and the person in charge gave me some ostrich oil and told me to smell it (it was WAY strong) and then rub the rest on my neck and shoulders. Felt better after that. But new experience lol. Its like.. ostrich oil.. o_O
Next stop, the Desaru Fruit Farm~

Apparently, they had a mini-zoo! CUTE BUNNY! x))

And a huge fishpond with an IMBA number of fish. LOOK!
Dragonfruit plants! (the leaves kinda look like aloevera) Did you know that Dragonfruit plants and Aloe Vera plants are part of the cactus family? I didn't know that =x and that's the dragonfruit flower. :)
Other plants/fruits we saw at the fruit farm! Sadly, they had a fine for picking fruit, if not I would have eaten alot of the Jambu from the many Jambu trees. They looked too good =x Had dinner at a seafood restaurant after that, at imba cheap prices. Meal cost around 60SGD, and we had 2 big lobsters, squid, oyster omelette, huge plate of fried rice shared, prawns, and some chicken (for me cuz I couldnt eat most of the stuff). A meal like that would've cost about double here in Singapore for the amount of seafood we ordered, so that was all good. Haha. Wanted to see the fireflies after that, but it was raining heavily, so we gave it a miss and knocked off early. We got to see lots of mosquitos though. Because of the rain, the blood-hungry mosquitos attacked us during dinner (ONE WHOLE SWARM!!). Thank god for my jacket.. if not I'd be COVERED in mosquito bites, and SURE to get dengue :( :(Day 3!
Headed for the kota tinggi waterfall! Its small, but looks so chio. Like me! (zomg i didn't just say that ahaha)
I found that the man-made facilities kinda spoiled the view. There was construction going on further downstream, which caused erosion and hence muddy water downstream. Like, BOO. (but as ShiChun says, booless.blogspot.com lol, so I shouldn't be saying that.) Felt sick again, but got better after awhile =x I seem to be falling sick alot. Headed back to Johor after the waterfall, shopping all the way till the shops closed at 9.45pm. I didn't buy a single thing too :( Except bubbleyum for philyouth people :)And so 'til I extract the photos in my phone, this'll be it for awhile. =x
Had a great time on holiday, even though it was only three days. But the various farms were fun. x)
No comments:
Post a Comment